Friday, January 28, 2011

Pictures....

My language group...my host mom is on the left of me, and the local adult education teacher is to the right of me...
Chris is playing his guitar for a few of us.  This is his front yard.  It is beautiful.  He lives on an organic farm.

I took this the day that I danced in the streets.  The guy in white is celebrating being ordained as a monk.  He is throwing money into the crowd.
Food is BIG here...you will always have plenty of food on the table.  And, the fruit is amazing!

This is part of the road that I take to school every day...it is boiling hot, but very pretty.

This is my friend, Ashley, and my little sister (who is really my neice I believe), Eve.
The wat that is closest to my home - Buddist Temple
Shoes are always left outside the home/building
And, finally....ME!!!  Hope everyone is doing good! This is all you get for now, I have to head back into class!

5 comments:

  1. You look well, and happy. Good thing it's winter and you get to graduate from boiling hot roads to OMG over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we will get to our sites just in time for the VERY hot season with rain starting soon after

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the rainy season will produce some pretty great pictures to share. Speaking of sharing, do you need any masquito netting for your bed or anything? And is the netbook treating you ok, so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PC provides mosquito nets for our beds. My room is actually very secure so I don't need it.

    The netbook works well, but it gets hot very easily so that concerns me, but otherwise it is good. I just try to ensure it is getting enough air for the fan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rock on Megan! Sounds like you are having a blast. I will check in more often now that I know you have more accessible internet.

    ReplyDelete