Sunday, January 2, 2011

Homeless at last...

It has been a crazy two years to get me to where I am today.  I received my nomination for Feb 2010 - Africa 23 months ago, and I leave in 6 days for my staging to go to Thailand.  I am amazed at the amount of paper work I have had to fill out (and am still working on), and all of the doctor appointments and phone calls that had to be made to finally make this happen.  I'm not going to Africa, but I know that Thailand is going to be FABULOUS!  I cannot wait for the real journey to begin.

I have spent the last month visiting friends and family while moving out of my apartment to get ready to go.  I am so grateful to my family and friends who have supported me, housed me, and loaned me their cars.  As of this morning, I am officially homeless.  I turned in my keys, all my belongings are sitting in my grandma's car, and I am sitting at Starbucks filling in final paperwork, creating my blog, and making sure all my finances are in order.  It is hard to believe that I will be in Philly this time next week going through Staging. 

I can't wait to get to Thailand and meet all the other PCVs and start learning about the culture.  My job as a CBOD is slightly ambiguous at the moment, so I am excited to see where it will take me when I get there.  I know that the next 2yrs are going to be a journey that I cannot predict, but I know that I am going to love every minute of it!! (Ok, maybe not EVERY minute)

1 comment:

  1. I still remember writing your letter of recommendation in September of '08. It's really something to see this dream of yours come to fruition. I look forward to following your exploits.

    ReplyDelete