Saturday, January 8, 2011

In Philly!!!...and it is COLD

Well, it has finally begun.  After my 3-4 hour "cat nap" last night, it was time to get ready to finally leave for the airport.  Of course, the first thing that I had to do was kick my sister's boyfriend out of the bathroom because he was in there FOREVER, and I considered me showering a very important thing to do to start out this trip right (Sorry Justin).  Luckily, my good-byes were not full of tears and crying, but the emotion and understanding of missing one another was there.  It was strange being dropped off knowing that Denise was going to be the last person, family and friends, that I may possibly see for two years.  It is still hard to imagine, even with hefting around 80+ pounds of luggage, that I am finally on my way to Thailand.

It turns out that there were actually 7 of us on my flight, and 4 of us were able to sit together and talk throughout the flight.  I am sure the guy in front of us got an ear-full of many things that he probably could have gone for years without knowing, but it was awesome to finally put faces to some of the names that I have seen, and meet the people who I will be spending the next two years with.

Tonight is going to be full of some good food, meeting new people, and SLEEPING.  Maybe I can finally catch up on some of that sleep I have been missing....or it may have to wait I start my 22 hour journey from Philly to Tokyo to Bangkok.  Tomorrow is going to be full of meetings and introductions and then it will be time for me to pack up my computer, cancel my phone, and be off the map for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment