Friday, January 7, 2011

Almost time...

Time is moving so quickly that I don't know if my head will stop spinning long enough for me to take a breath to ensure I have everything completed.  I will be waking up in just a few hours (about 4.5-5 hours) to head out to the airport and start this new chapter in my life.  I just spent the last 3 hours sorting out my clothes, packing, weighing my bags, emptying my bags, then repacking again.  I think I have finally found a nice happy balance between my two bags.  As I sit here, anxiously waiting for the morning to come, I can only hope that my 5 trips to Target, 3 trips to shoe stores, at least 10 to clothing stores, and 2 electronic stores were enough to purchase everything that I need for Thailand.

I went to lunch a couple of days ago with a couple of other PC volunteers that will be joining me this coming week, and it was a relief to know that I was not the only one whose emotions were running wild like a runaway roller coaster.  I have said goodbye to all of my family and friends, but its hard to imagine that it could be 2 years before I see them again.  "See ya later" just doesn't cut it when you say good-bye in these situations, but I don't think any of us really knew how to say it any other way.  The idea that I am going away for that long is so surreal.  I don't think that its going to hit me until I step off the plane and take a breath of the hot, humid air that permeates Thailand.  Even then, it may not sink in for a few days or even weeks.

Current emotions: Excitement, exhaustion, nervousness, anxiousness, happiness, wonderment, and relief that the wait is almost complete.

Let the journey begin!! (After some much needed sleep)    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment