Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Randoms...

Today was my "mock" interview for my language test.  Since we have hit about mid-term in regards to our Pre-Service training, our teachers gave us all an opportunity to have an interview just as we will at the end of training, to see where we are at this point.  I think mine went pretty well (not great, mind you), but I will find out the results in just a few days.

 This week is also a teaching week for the CBODers, so I have been teaching a group of 7-14 year olds English with my language class.  It was been a lot of fun. The classes are only an hour long so there isn't much material that we get to cover, but we play tons of games (memory, running around the room, simon says, the slap game, etc...).  There is a little boy in the class who is absolutely adorable, and I can't wait for him to speak every time because her makes each one of us so happy and excited for him when he gets a word.  Tomorrow we are teaching the kids how to ask for help and give it...that will be a fun new challenge.

My eating habits have all gone wonky again.  I may have to finally suck it up and speak with the doctor sometime this week to see what he thinks.  I hardly have eaten anything since then.  Just in case you were wondering, this has been my eating habits:

Sunday:
Coffee
1/2 bowl of noodles
1 bread/jam sandwich

Monday:
Coffee
Coke
5 bites rice
1 bread/jam sandwich

Tuesday:
Coffee
5 bites rice
1 bread/jam sandwich

Wednesday
Coffee
1/2 bowl noodle soup
7 bites rice

I don't know how impressive this intake is...I am not the smallest person in the world, so I would assume that I should be eating more.  The smell of food (almost any food) is repulsive.  The two foods I seem to get down ok are bananas and bread and jam sandwiches (it is sad I ran out of both last night and didn't make it into town tonight).  My stomach hurts when I don't eat and hurts and feels gross when I do.  On the bright side, this is probably definitely helping out my diet and weight issues.  Karen and I are going to try to seek out a scale tomorrow to see if either of us have lost any weight and how much if so.  I will need to look up the conversions to pounds tonight.

Otherwise, life is still fabulous in Thailand.  It seems to be getting warmer each day and I am loving the fan in my room at night.  My mom proceeded to advise me tonight that today was not hot, and that I need to wait until April to really feel the heat, especially if I am placed in the Northeast.  The water festival (Independence for Thailand - I think) in April is going to be a blast though...love it!  Maybe I should buy a squirt gun...hmmm.

Anyways, I should be hitting the books...I have to give a short presentation thing in language class tomorrow and I haven't started figuring out what I am going to say yet.  If I'm going to be able to hit my 9pm bedtime, I'm going to have to start soon. :)

Hope all is well for everyone out there...

5 comments:

  1. How's the coffee? I remember you said it was supposed to be awesome. Eating significantly less will actually cause you to gain weight some times and it isn't a healthy way to go about things :P you're in the country of Muay Thai, hit the mat girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need some protein in your diet! Other then that it sounds like you are having fun. Miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, sorry your tummy has gone on strike... if you were here I would ask if you were pregnant, but we know that isn't the case there ;) kidding. Well maybe.

    Anything you want sent yet via a "Care Package" full of love and treats? lol Maybe a real scale you can use easily?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Megs. See the doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Megan ! We figured you would lose weight but not this way ;( sheesh, your eating like me....bluck! I am excited to hear about the language test and more about your class. Have tons of fun. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

    ReplyDelete