Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Biking through the butterflies

I had hoped for some thunder showers while at work this week, but I settled on biking down the road with butterflies weaving their ways across my path.  There are all sorts of butterflies out here right now and they seem to enjoy accompanying me on all of my bike rides.  Each butterfly will stick around for 10 to 15 seconds before it is replaced by another.  It makes me feel like I am some sort of movie; you know, the perfect scene where the girl is biking down the country road with butterflies flitting about?  Well, I am sure in the movies, she would have a woven basket on the front of her bike (not a misshapen metal one), a banana seat (not a men’s seat), skinny little tires, and handlebars with tassels on them (not a mountain bike that can’t make its way through a muddy road), but none the less, I did feel like I was in a movie.  

I had a little bit of a down week with potential houses falling through one after another for various reasons.  I am hoping that the one I will be looking at next week will be the one and that I can move into it shortly after saying the hopefully inevitable “YES” when they ask me if I like it.  In the mean time, I am raising my spirits with a holiday tomorrow (sleeping in ‘til 8am) and a road trip down to Bangkok on Friday to meet up with 20 of my new closest friends for a nice American weekend.  Can’t wait! 

Things are going well.  I feel a little bit behind others in the project department, but I know that I can catch up with them.  Next week will probably be spent out in the community asking questions and developing my potential 1yr plan for my Tessaban.  I need to work on my surveys a little bit more and get my translations down before I head out though.  I think it can be done.  – Well, it better be ‘cause I have a deadline looming in front of me J

Anyways, as usual it is still hot maak maak (very hot) in Thailand.  The rainy season is expected to start in the next month or two so we will see what that brings, but for right now, I am enjoying my solo bike rides, my American movies on my hard drive, and meeting all of the people in the Tessaban that I live in.  Life is pretty normal right now, nothing much to write about, but hopefully, this weekend will bring an adventure to report.

Sidenote: What do you call something that is made of Ice, condensed milk, and flavors of some sort - fruit, oreos, etc...  It's not a smoothie because it has milk (well, sort of), and its not a milk shake because it has ice.  I don't know what its called, but if you make it with oreo's and strawberries its very good.

1 comment:

  1. It's still a shake i think, Like a fruit icy...

    Your box should be there within the next week or so YAY

    ReplyDelete